30 July 2019

Preserves yet?

There has been a serious lack of preserves happening here.  I'm not sure what's going on, but I really haven't done as much as I should have.  Last year my preserved vegetables are what got us to the end of the Challenge. 

So far I have: 
  • A bag and a half of frozen purple broccoli
  • A bag of frozen chard stems
  • Not quite a full bag of each frozen mixed berries and frozen Morello cherries
  • Several medium jars of dried chard, dried celery and strawberry chips (strawberries picked at a farm)
  • One large jar of sauerkraut (from a gift cabbage)
  • A small jar of pickled snap peas
I don't think this is going to last us all the way from September to November.  I need to up my game, and fast.  Last year I was pickling all sorts, salting beans and drying herbs and kale. 

No comments:

Post a Comment