05 January 2021

Grand total for garden food, 2020

 I haven't been posting monthly totals on here on the blog, so I hope you'll believe me as I post the final tally without any corroborating evidence.

Vegetables: 160 lb 3 oz

Eggs: 2178

Fruit: 16 lb 4.5 oz (incomplete: plums and apples were counted by number not weight)

We beat totals for fruit and eggs from every previous year, but went down on vegetables from last year.  However, I still have two medium pumpkins and three small squashes hanging out in my living room, unweighed;  I estimate this would bring us up by another 15 lb or so, bringing us about in line with last year's total.

I can only resolve to work harder in this coming year and make 2020 even more productive than ever.  Now that the daughter is just about 10 months old, gardening should be a little easier for me to get around to (dirt: yum! leaves: yum! sticks: yum!).

See previous grand totals:  2019, 2018, 2017, 2016


No comments:

Post a Comment