11 January 2022

Grand total of garden food, 2021

Vegetables: 129 lb, 1 oz (incomplete)

Fruit: 28 lb, 15 oz (incomplete)

Eggs: 797

Well, it seems as though only fruit totals were better than previous years.  It's true the veg totals are incomplete;  I didn't weigh the garlic harvest, nor did I add in the (untrimmed) sweetcorn, and there are still five small squashes hanging out in the living room--but I still don't think this would bring me up to last year's total of 160 lb. 

Maybe I should have weighed the two ducks!  And I missed out weighing most of the apple harvest and the bumper almond harvest.  What's more, there is still veg  ready for harvest both at the allotment and in the kitchen garden:  lots of chard, some leeks, cabbage, carrots, kohl rabi and Brussels sprouts.

So all in all, it was a good year, though perhaps not quite good enough.  Maybe 2022 will be the year for me.  I will have to do some reflection and planning to make it happen.

See previous grand totals: 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment