13 August 2019

An arbor

A wooden arbor over a patio filled with plants
My new arbor, Aug 2019
The husband and father built me a grape arbor in the corner of our patio.  In the photo you can see the grape vine climbing the fence (and the fig tree).  For the rest of this season I'll let the vine run, but once dormant I'll cut back and start training it next spring.  This vine has one grape cluster which ought to ripen, given its prime location--it's the first time it formed fruit.  There is one other vine on the other side of the garage, climbing up my almond tree;  it has several small grape bunches, but I'm not as confident about their prospects. 

It'll be the first time we get grapes from the garden if they do ripen;  and they're green/white grapes, so hopefully the birds won't bother with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment