19 April 2022

Flowers from seed

I haven't grown many annual flowers over the past few years, having concentrated on vegetables for the most part.  I do have many perennial flowers, some which were legacy plants from previous owners and some I chose and planted myself.  I love flowers and enjoy picking my own bouquets from the garden (always an acceptable host gift too, I find).  One of my garden objectives is to grow a beautiful space.  Now, without taking on more than I can reasonably handle, I want to add more flowers this year.

To that end I'm going over my seed stash and trying to sow as many flower seeds as I have left, before they get too old.  Many are already too old!  But I have some coming up and some were sealed in foil packets so I still hold out hope for them.  Some of these seeds I have grown in the past, and some were free seed packets which I never tried.  I don't care what they are, so long as they flower.

I want this year to be more beautiful.  I want lots of flowers.  Lots of vegetables too, but lots of flowers with them.


No comments:

Post a Comment