15 February 2022

Little and often (I hope)

This past weekend, before it started raining (again) I managed to get outside and harvest a few overwintered carrots, cabbage greens and chard.  I also sowed two seed trays for the kitchen windowsill and even took four cuttings from my yellow raspberry.  I spent 10 min max out back, and did not visit the allotment;  I haven't been there for several weeks now, though the husband has dropped off kitchen scraps for the compost a couple times.  He also took up some old carpet from a neighbor, for long term weed-smothering.  I'm hoping to score some more pieces to cover the front quarter;  if I can find some I'll probably leave them in place for a full year.  We already managed to cover most of our path with some hallway carpets from another neighbor, to be in place long term.

I may have a little more time for gardening in the very near future, after agreeing with my work to reduce my hours by about a third.  Next week is half term (no school for the son and me) and after that my new hours will begin.  I hope to take the daughter up to the allotment for a daily walk before work/childcare starting then, instead of our early mad rush to get to our respective places on time.  I can't see us being extremely productive (she's not quite 2) but little and often is a good mantra for gardening!

No comments:

Post a Comment