11 August 2020

Whitecurrants at last

More pink than white
I don't even know how long I've had this whitecurrant bush, but I guess around five years;  this is the first year I've eaten any whitecurrants.  Hooray!  

...Though to be honest I'm not sure they were worth the wait.  Kind of sour, pretty seedy--and not enough of them to do anything but just eat them (a few at a time).


In other garden news, I've been picking blackberries, also in the Perennials section--though not intentionally planted ones.  They're weeds sown by birds and trying to take over;  I really don't want them growing in my garden, reaching out to claw me when I'm not looking.  Tasty berries though.  

And my four ducks are picking caterpillars off my cabbages and nasturtiums, or so the husband assures me--I have not witnessed it myself.  We made a corridor from their pond area to the veg patch and they are allowed in while supervised, but excluded from the wider garden in order to concentrate their efforts (on both veg patch and pond).

No comments:

Post a Comment