05 May 2020

The Vegetable Challenge 2020: canceled

Two water butts and a variety of plants next to a garage wall
Water butts at the garage, Apr 2020
It hurts, but I'm not doing the Vegetable Challenge this year.  Every year I've challenged myself to stop buying vegetables for a set period of time, and have added a month to the challenge each year.  In 2019 the Challenge was for seven months, which technically I did not complete.  Though the circumstances are different, in 2020 I have decided not to attempt the challenge at all but to continue to build our food storage with store bought vegetables. 

That said, I am still attempting to produce as much food as I possibly can: vegetables, fruits, eggs.  I hope to have surplus for our food storage.  And maybe enough extra for gifts and barter with friends and neighbors--I can dream, right?  I will still be cataloging our garden and allotment food, and am hoping to beat 2019's food totals.

No comments:

Post a Comment