18 January 2019

2018 Goals revisited

Let's have a look at how I did on my goals for 2018:

1 Year Goals (by 1 Jan 2019)

  • Extend vegetable self sufficiency by 1 month (6 months total)
  • Cut down sycamore tree in back
  • Continue improving soil in front beds
  • Raise at least one batch of chicks
5 Year Goals (by 1 Jan 2024)
  • Fully self sufficient in vegetables and seasonal fruit
  • Raising/breeding meat and replacement layers
  • Greenhouse erected 
Notice I  achieved all my one year goals!  Though to be honest, I did set the bar pretty low in 2018...

For my five year goals, I want to continue raising my own meat birds (or spare cockerels for eating) and laying hens;  as we only got one hen from two broods of seven chicks, I'm not quite counting that as a fully achieved goal--instead of layerS we just got one layer.  Ah well.  Hopefully 2019 will be a better year for hatching pullets.  And I'm still working towards full self reliance in both fruit and veg;  I think it'll be within the next few years.

And that greenhouse?  Unless we get a free one, it's probably staying on the five year list.

See 2017's goals here
See 2016's goals here.

No comments:

Post a Comment