11 April 2023

Seeds everywhere

My kitchen window is so full of seed trays, I've had to stack them on top of each other: I need another shelf! My tomatoes are individually potted (and growing), as is the corn (not yet sprouted). I put 25 purple climbing beans into toilet paper tubes--and another 50 seeds to pre-sprout in a jar on the countertop. I've got zucchini, squash and cucumber;  and eggplant and celeriac. And I'm not yet done with the indoor seeds--I'll need to make some space for any more.

I'm not done with the outdoor seed trays either, though my two patio tables are pretty crowded. I've got lettuce, kohl rabi and beets sprouting up: these need another few weeks to grow before transplanting out. In addition, I have cabbage, kale and Brussels sprouts, and more beets and kohl rabi: all yet to sprout.  I have several more brassicas to start, plus a steady supply of the beets and kohl rabi.

In the ground I have done several short rows carrots and parsnips, and one short row of spring onion.  I want to get some turnip seed down too, but I think mostly I'm sticking to the carrots and parsnips.  These are all at home in the kitchen garden, as seeds at the alloment tend to disappear shortly after sprouting (if at all).

No comments:

Post a Comment