23 March 2021

Not enough time?

I have gone back to work after taking a year off to look after the daughter (who has just turned one).  I've also (perhaps rashly) agreed to double my old hours.  I still work part time but am closer to full time hours, at least till the end of July.  When I pick up the daughter from childcare she needs a nap immediately--I can do a little bit of gardening out back during this time, but must constantly check inside in case she wakes up (she sleeps on a bed and I don't need her waking up and roaming around!).  

I have other household chores to do during naptime too, which are much easier/safer when she is not around, like cooking and some cleaning.  And I also really need time to just sit down and catch my breath--I'm on my feet constantly at work, and it's tiring!  So gardening has not been a top priority.

And I find myself in a strange position where I cannot visit the allotment during the week.  I have been doing the weekend only;  the son and I went for an hour on Sunday for digging weeds and planting caulflowers.  That will be it until next weekend.

It's the busiest--and most critical--part of the whole year, and I don't have enough time!  Last year I had a tiny baby as my excuse;  I was hoping for better this spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment