19 December 2023

Christmas break, December 2023

I do need a break, but with a three year old it's not likely!  Regardless I'll be taking a blogging break for the rest of the month, to return in January with my yearly garden food totals (I've been keeping tally on my calendar in the kitchen).

I've got a few more garden vegetables for Christmas dinner, waiting to be harvested:  a very small Savoy cabbage (I mean, how much cabbage can we eat at once anyway?), a couple of parsnips and daikon radishes (sizes unknown, but probably comparable with the cabbage).  I also have some of last year's almonds for some festive stollen bread, a lovely fresh duck egg went into gingerbread for a house and cookies (made the gingerbread dough yesterday, will bake it tomorrow);  and I have a Christmas pudding made with our dried figs and dried apples.

I'll see you back here in 2024, and until then, a very Merry Christmas and happy New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment