21 January 2017

Tally of garden food, 2016

Main garden Jan 2017:  garlic in lower left, kale and broc on the right, cabbages at center back
I began this project in May 2016, but didn't just start gardening at this time;  I've been gardening for many years now, and this year's garden consisted of a culmination (and continuation) of all that work.  However, for the purpose of this blog, I have tallied up my food totals from May to December 2016:
  
Vegetables:  1242 oz, or just over 77.5 lbs

Eggs: 1244 eggs (sounds like a lot, but we still had to buy eggs every month)

Fruit:  We had fruit every month--whether a handful of berries or a treeful of apples--from June to October.  Most was unweighed, other than 78 oz morello cherries.

In 2015 I didn't keep a record of eggs or fruit (except 56 oz cherries), but my veg total was 63 lb, counted from Jan to Dec;  my full year 2016 total was 86 lb.  Quite an improvement all around, and I expect to beat 2016's record in 2017.  No problem!  I'll be discussing my plans for the coming year's veg plot.  I've even started sowing a few seeds indoors already;  I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment